Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grand Caverns


This is a very dark picture taken from a palmcorder with digital still camera.

My husband and I were coming back from his grandmothers funeral in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
On the way home to Delaware we decided to stop at the Grand Caverns in Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. I took over a hundred of pictures. I didn't notice anything strange, I didn't feel creepy or anything like that.
When we got home later that night, I started to download the photos to my PC. My sister-in-law and husband, came by to see the pictures we took (they were also at the caverns). I was about to delete it because it was too dark. I took a double look and noticed what to me looked like a face and body on the left. (You really have to look at it. In the middle of the photo it looks like a big dark foot in the middle. Then you look to the left.) I sent it to my dad without telling him what I was sending and he said he saw a man that looked like beetlejuice, lol. I showed a friend and she said looks like a woman holding a baby and if you look between them it looks like a creature of some sort. I haven't heard of any hauntings going on there.

I tried to do some research on the Internet about the place to see if anyone else has pictures. so far I have got nothing. All I know is that the Grand Caverns has been open since 1806 During the Civil War, and the Valley Campaign. The cave was visited by both the Confederate and Union Soldiers.

This picture was taken April 28, 2002.

Thanks,

Kim Jarrell -Newark, DE

No comments: